How to extend the size of a Volume Group in Linux?
Following steps can be used to add additional partition to a Logical Volume Groups in Linux:
- Extend LVM using additional partition; fdisk /dev/sda
Note: It is assumed that /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2 were already existing partitions and new partition was created as /dev/sda3.
- Create physical volume; pvcreate /dev/sda3
- Extend Volume Group; vgextend <vg_name> /dev/sda3
- Extend LVM; lvextend -l +5117 <path_of_lv>
- To update the partition table with the new value of LVM; resize2fs /dev/vg_cubnsbl1/lv_root
- Verify the changes; df -h
Cubastion is among a very small number of specialized Siebel CRM Oracle Gold Partners in SME.